Thursday, June 29, 2006

A Small Plug for a Plug-In

I made a small donation for Magnus Jonsson's "Ambience" reverb plugin. It is donation ware (free to download, the download version is not limited, but brings up a donation request every time you run it). I like the reverb -- there are a large number of presets for just about every conceivable occasion, and it sounds pretty good -- although recently I have been listening more to natural reverb in different environments, and realizing sadly just how badly artificial reverbs fail to live up to them.

I have not quite figured out what to do with it. For some of my readings, I'd like to put the narrator (Carnacki) in a room, and possibly for others I'd like to apply it just to effects, like whistling (for "The Whistling Room.") We'll see.

Anyway, just a quick plug for a plug-in; try it out and see if you like it!

No comments: