Thursday, August 03, 2006

Blessed Rain

It's been raining on and off for most of the day... and cooling down, thanks be to God!

Last night I went out and bought a Vornado fan, and made a mixture of water and boric acid powder with a drop of dish soap, and used it to shampoo and then spot-lift the carpet where the air conditioner had leaked all over it for the third time. Then I set up the fan to dry it. The idea is that the boric acid will inhibit further mold growth, and the fan will get it dried faster. I hope it works. The boric acid, packaged as roach killer, was festooned with warnings, but I think it will be less toxic to our family than unchecked mold growing in the carpeting. At least, I hope that's true.

Not only does the A/C unit still leak, but after they got done with it the last time, its cool air output dropped off to almost nothing. They told us a new unit is on order, but I'll believe it when I see it.

No comments: