Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Woonion '09, Part 1

I attended the College of Wooster's reunion weekend; I graduated with the class of 1989, twenty years ago. This time I went back with 3 of the 4 kids. Grace had a business meeting she had to attend out of state, so she took Joshua. I brought Isaac, Sam, and Veronica, along with a sitter to help free up some of my time so that I could actually catch up with friends.

Despite the sitter -- I'm not used to working with a sitter -- having the young children with me the whole time was a bit difficult, particularly the long car ride and trying to get them to sleep in the evenings. Veronica loves to be the center of attention, whether you want her to be or not. Sam loves to wander off. It didn't help any that I had to stay up half the night on Thursday night to get ready and to help Grace get ready.

A little bit of alcohol and caffeine were de rigeur -- the caffeine helped me drive there and back safely, and the alcohol helped me get to sleep with 25 international students partying in the lounge next to my room.


Beall Avenue in Wooster is completely torn up and semi-closed to traffic. This is the view across to Lowry Center.


Lowry has not changed much:


The stairwell up to the dining hall looks just like it did 20 years ago.


The kids had a good time in spite of everything. Here are Veronica and Sam finally asleep in Douglass 105!


More photos to come.

No comments: